In support of our mission, we:
- Gather information from internal and external sources (students, parents, faculty, staff, other institutions, external agencies) for program assessment and strategic planning;
- Provide statistical information for external reviews of academic departments;
- Provide information and projections needed for planning;
- Coordinate Brown's response to mandated reporting, including IPEDS, Student Right to Know, and Higher Education Opportunity Act;
- Provide information required for institutional affiliations, such as accreditation reporting to the New England Commission of Higher Education, AAU Data Exchange, and COFHE
- Respond to external information requests and surveys that are determined to be of value to the University.
We strive to follow the Association of Institutional Research's Statement of Ethical Principles, which help us to be responsible stewards of data.